BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have been toying with the idea of putting some chrome in the interior of my car eg switch surrounds, heater surrounds, hand brake, gear knob etc.

What are peoples opinions on this ? Has anyone had it before and still have pics as I have only seen one pic with some chrome.

Cheers

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I've always said NO 2 CHROME but I agree it CAN look tasteful if done correctly and not overboard:thumbsup

One thing that always put me off about these trim kits is that all the ones I am aware of use an adhesive to stick them on which you know with the hot cold change of temperature all year around it's going to end in disaster:rofl

Be sure to post up pictures if you decide to do it though:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Spend your cash on making it run well and doing preventative maintenance.

Chrome may look nice but you'll regret it when the bloody thing won't start.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm doing that all first, have done all the filters and oils and had it completely checked by the mechanic. I then got new brakes and pads fitted and am in the process of getting it tracked and aligned then getting the remote central locking kit put in place. The chrome is just an idea for after I buy some good wash and wax products that I have my eye on to bring back the colour and keep it pristine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A few bits of OEM chrome looks good IMO (Door pins,switch surrounds,handbrake button and poss rings in the binnacle ) but thats as far as I would go and certainly nothing thats not OEM :hihi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts