BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

When I bought my car, I had 2 keys & 2 remote fobs - Sadly I've lost one fob :frown.
So I went to an official BMW dealer at my town, and they said my car is too old, so a NEW remote fob costs £50 & re-programming will cost £200.
But hey come on! why pay £250 just for a remote fob ? That's madness! I got pissed off & told them I'll think about it lol.

So after looking at a lot of threads on this forum such as this ones:
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f92/fix-alarm-deactivation-red-grey-fob-programming-t102354/
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f92/e36-alarm-identification-guide-3t-2t-3g-ews-t102353/

Sorry If I sound like a "noob" but re-prgromming fobs is not my speciality lol, So guys what is the best way to "reprogram" a BMW-Sigma fob ?

Here's the details:
Car: 2T BMW Alarm
Fob: "Domino Style" AC38 - Single Button - by Sigma (the back cover says: MPT 1340)
Pic:

//

Hopefully, there must be anyway i can get this fob to sync with my car, trust me it's totally pointless to pay £250 at the dealer, for a 17yr old car!:shifty:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Little bump :sarcastic

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
In all honesty it probably isn't worth it as the 2T alarm is pretty crap and very old now. I know this as I have 2 of them fitted to different cars. None of which work, one did work properly when I first got the car and then died and the other never worked. It is nice for originality purposes but if that is what you're searching for then get a new sigma alarm as the fobs are virtually unchanged. I looked into getting mine repaired/fob reprogrammed and it was very expensive.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is nice for originality purposes but if that is what you're searching for then get a new sigma alarm as the fobs are virtually unchanged.
Speaking of upgrading the alarm system, what is the best route of doing this ? (going to someone or just by buying the parts etc myself ?)

FYI: It is "impossible" to start the car without activating the fob, so this means , when i jump inside the car, i must "Lock doors & unlock doors again", then insert "key" in to ignition to start the car.

I don't know if that's a factory thing for all bmw cars (some owners don't have fobs, they just get in , start the car just like that...)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

When I bought my car, I had 2 keys & 2 remote fobs - Sadly I've lost one fob :frown.
So I went to an official BMW dealer at my town, and they said my car is too old, so a NEW remote fob costs £50 & re-programming will cost £200.
But hey come on! why pay £250 just for a remote fob ? That's madness! I got pissed off & told them I'll think about it lol.

So after looking at a lot of threads on this forum such as this ones:
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f92/fix-alarm-deactivation-red-grey-fob-programming-t102354/
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f92/e36-alarm-identification-guide-3t-2t-3g-ews-t102353/

Sorry If I sound like a "noob" but re-prgromming fobs is not my speciality lol, So guys what is the best way to "reprogram" a BMW-Sigma fob ?

Here's the details:
Car: 2T BMW Alarm
Fob: "Domino Style" AC38 - Single Button - by Sigma (the back cover says: MPT 1340)
Pic:

//

Hopefully, there must be anyway i can get this fob to sync with my car, trust me it's totally pointless to pay £250 at the dealer, for a 17yr old car!:shifty:
Hi,

I'd be interested to know the eventual outcome....
Recently had a similar problem, purchased a couple of replacement second hand fobs from ebay & took to my local BMW dealer.
Cost £30+ vat
I'd still like to know if anyone has a definative method of re-coding, just out of curiosity...

Regards,

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunatley they can't be programmed by ourselves. Only Sigma or BMW will do it.

Wait a second ? Did you say they will program a USED fob for only £30 ?

What's the catch ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts