BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Does anyone know the max towing weight for a saloon 530i V8 E34? Its for a caravan so a braked trailer.

cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah its 1800kg on my 525tds. I assumed it would be the same for the 530i but not too sure. I havent bought the 530 yet and wanted to know before I bought it whether it will pull the van c.1500kg loaded.

·
Registered
38 Posts
can't see it being 300kg less than the 525 as really the only weight difference between the two would be the engine and that won't be 300kg more heavy.
1500kg should be fine I'd say

only other things to come into the equation would be the total weight allowed i.e. car + trailer/caravan
and I assume your licence allows you to tow something like that? (mine doesn't as I got the 'new type' licence in 2000)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive no idea on my licence. Been driving since 1990 so dont know if that counts??

I agree, cant see it being different between different 5 series.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ive no idea on my licence. Been driving since 1990 so dont know if that counts??
yeah thats fine :thumbsup

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/CaravansTrailersCommercialVehicles/DG_4022564 said:
All drivers who passed a car test before 1 January 1997 retain their existing entitlement to tow trailers until their licence expires. This means they are generally entitled to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8.25 tonnes MAM. They also have entitlement to drive a minibus with a trailer over 750kgs MAM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts