BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all. i just get a bmw 520 e34 96. was runing fine and very smoot until nowf(for 400 miles). now it is shaking a bit not to much when is no moving but the rpm is 650 .
when im driving i do not have power and i can hear a strange nois from engine like tac tac tac ...i whent to mecanic and after he made a check he said "the engine is gone, on the piston no2 is building oil so ur engine is losing compresion so can not be fixed only to change the engine"

so :
can be my mecanic wrong and my engine can be fixed?
do u know a good and cheap garage around london to go for a second opinion?
it is worth it to change the engine? for how much i can finde one and how much will be the laber?

thanks

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
hi to all. i just get a bmw 520 e34 96. was runing fine and very smoot until nowf(for 400 miles). now it is shaking a bit not to much when is no moving but the rpm is 650 .
when im driving i do not have power and i can hear a strange nois from engine like tac tac tac ...i whent to mecanic and after he made a check he said "the engine is gone, on the piston no2 is building oil so ur engine is losing compresion so can not be fixed only to change the engine"

so :
can be my mecanic wrong and my engine can be fixed?
do u know a good and cheap garage around london to go for a second opinion?
it is worth it to change the engine? for how much i can finde one and how much will be the laber?
Did he run a compression test? Every good mechanic has one of these:thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Does the engine sound like it is running on all cylinders?

And have you tried pulling a coil pack up on that cylinder with some insulated pliers while the engines running to see if it makes any difference?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Also you sure it isn't a e39 as they didn't do a e34 in 1996 ;)

1995 e34 they did? :)

Would be worth getting a second opinion if you don't trust the verdict of the mechanic. Or look into the problem yourself

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bro is e34 and yes is true they stop to do them in 95 but my car is register in uk in jan 96 so is a bit confuzing i know.

i whant to get a second opinion can u rec a garage around london (w10 or e10 )where to go please.

a and i have done one more mistake :( when i start to here the noise i was scared and i said maybe is becose is not enagh oil so i add 1 liter more :(( and now it is over over over the limite...can cause more problems?
thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi...im back...with good news for me:)
i fix the car 2 or 3 weeks ago ..it was one coil...now the engine is runing fine.
the information that my mechanic give me was wrong...
i have drived from when i change the coil abou 500 miles or more and it is fine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.