BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys want to ask for advice,
dads e34 died this afternoon ,popped out drove fine stop car when went back to car alarm did not work sidelights flickered as normal .doors did not open had to open manually with drivers door with the key and thats the only door that would open.started and drove home ,when he got home checked alarm again would not start no electric windows etc but lights and indicators,radio all works fine,
any ideas guys help much appreciated is the immoberliser the issue and can it be reset or turned off???

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by the looks of the fob its a 3g mk1.do you think it needs resetting is this common as like i say alarm fob works but does not un lock the doors.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update i have just checked the car myself and alarm works but central locking does not work and engine will not start.so really need to know can we bypass till its fixed so car can be used or are we fooked

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Have you checked the fuses for the central locking e.t.c.?

And was the last thing you did before you went back to the car and it wouldn't start was go in the boot?

If so then check your boot wiring, it is common for breaking at the hinge, then the wires can short out.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi ronnie will check fuses and wire in boot but would that stop the car from starting,ie will this confuse alarm immobiliser to not allow the car to start if fuse for central locking or wiring has broken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts