BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone who breaks a CSi should be forced to sniff tramp's arm pits for all eternity. That car needs a hero to rescue it. Someone with a large clean workshop and experience of saving V12 e31s from the grave....

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
WHY DID YOU POST THIS UP????

i can't, i won't i shouldn't, should i? could i?

no. yes. no. but yes but no but yes no.

do it up it'll be woth £17k

(spend £18k) doing it up

no yes.

DAMMIT if i hadn't filled up 15 times i couldhave affored that.

good luck to all who sail in her. but it won't be me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hmmm bimmerforum project car? Lots of people small donations to get it bought, work on it at leisure and then show it at meets?

Just an idea

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neil! This one would be a piece of cake for you...

I smashed up my 850 18 months back and the damage was much worse than that. Needed bonnet, both wings, nose, two headlights, all the rads, and lots more besides... With a bit of jiggery pokery I fixed it for £3.5k.

View attachment 18298

If I bought that CSi my wife would definitely leave me, otherwise I would.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I see there is now a bid on it.

Anyone from here who couldn't resist?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that car will go for at least £4k, the auction has a long way to go.

Looking again, it appears that the offside strut has parted company with the inner wing and is propping the bonnet open. I suspect that whole side of the suspension is shot and more than likely the steering components too. Maybe not so easy after all. The inner wing looks bashed up, probably from the wheel being forced into it, but I'd guess it could be probably be forced back into shape. Get it close, then bolt a new outer wing on, jobs a good-un.

Nose: £300
Spoiler: £500
Wing: £150
Sill: £100
Suspension and steering: £500 + another £800 if the strut has had it
Paint: £750

I can't see parts setting you back more than £3k to repair the crash damage.
Clearly they'll be a fair bit of extra cash to get the car up to snuff, but I still think you could do OK out of it.

From the photos the rest of the car looks in OK shape, just needs a good clean ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think that car will go for at least £4k, the auction has a long way to go.

Looking again, it appears that the offside strut has parted company with the inner wing and is propping the bonnet open. I suspect that whole side of the suspension is shot and more than likely the steering components too. Maybe not so easy after all. The inner wing looks bashed up, probably from the wheel being forced into it, but I'd guess it could be probably be forced back into shape. Get it close, then bolt a new outer wing on, jobs a good-un.

Nose: £300
Spoiler: £500
Wing: £150
Sill: £100
Suspension and steering: £500 + another £800 if the strut has had it
Paint: £750

I can't see parts setting you back more than £3k to repair the crash damage.
Clearly they'll be a fair bit of extra cash to get the car up to snuff, but I still think you could do OK out of it.

From the photos the rest of the car looks in OK shape, just needs a good clean ;)
You forgot to add another 20% to the costs for the 8 series factor. Jobs never seem to be as cheap as I think they'll be... it always seems to be a case of "Oh, while I'm doing that I might as well do this. Oh and this..."

Steve

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
as nick says, there's no way its gonna sell for less than 4k. lets start a sweepstake. i recon about £6450.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tatty CSis go for about £10k, and I think that car would need £4k spending on it, so I guess £6,000.01 ;)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts