BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 2 months and £2500 later iv finally got her back! Picked up from garage to find the radio is not working! It does light up but nothing else. Was told by the garage i will need to enter the code so i got this from bmw but it doesnt appear to be asking for the code as the set up procedure states in my original radio manual! Is there another way to input this code without having to be prompted? Any help welcome! Also doesnt help that my pixels are all over the place! lol Cheers

·
Registered
948 Posts
From what I remember when I had a factory unit, I don't think it prompts for the code.
Just enter the code as in the hand book and it springs to life.
Then remove it and put it in the bin:#)

·
Registered
196 Posts
From what I remember when you disconect the power to the radio has "code ----" on the screen or just "----" but the screen is never blank.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
From what I remember when you disconect the power to the radio has "code ----" on the screen or just "----" but the screen is never blank.
Correct, got mine back from the workshop on Monday and it showed ---- so I just entered the code and it came back to life.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right then came out this morning and i can make out the word code! :) but when i try enter it using the buttons on the computer as stated in the manual nothing happens! Figures appear when using radio buttons but numbers only go up to 6 and im looking for a 9 and 0?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
do you have the standard radio?
Have you ever entered the code before?
I remember having one years ago (not BMW) that also, only went upto 6.
I'm wondering if yours has been swapped out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All sorted! Just had to guess with the buttons as my pixels are knackered and couldnt actually see the code as i typed it in! Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts