BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend is having trouble reving over 4k, the air duct from the MAF to the TB is ripped , could this be causing the problems of not being able to rev over 4k??
plus were abouts can i get hold of 1, went to a scrappers yesturday and couldnt fine anything.... so does anyone know were abouts you can get 1 ??? ebay ??? Autofactors???

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would get one from BMW. I ordered one for my 318is last week, cost £16. cheapest i saw on ebay was £34.

Im not sure if a rip in the tube would stop it revving over 4k. would more likely cause a misfire/poor idle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would get one from BMW. I ordered one for my 318is last week, cost £16. cheapest i saw on ebay was £34.

Im not sure if a rip in the tube would stop it revving over 4k. would more likely cause a misfire/poor idle.
it was causing the car to missfire/and crap idol, but soon as i covered it up it reved just past 4k but mot much....it cant be right for a 316 coupe to redine at 4k rpm??? think the airflow senser i broken or on its way out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.