BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have just broken one of my single button key fobs so am left with just the one. Want to no if i can deactivate the immobilizer so i don't need key fob to start or can i replace with another key fob and program myself.
Cant afford the £80 bmw want.
But i cant find any bmw single button for sale apart from the sigma key fobs.
Does anyone know if they will work.
p.s it is a t3 alarm if that helps.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Does it auto-arm, the immobiliser?

It would probably help if you could post a picture of your fob. If you don't have a camera handy, punch it in to Google Images and get a pic from there.

You should try eBay for a fob shell, I got one for a Sigma 1 button one off eBay for 15 quid, swapped the guts over, no problems.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Does your ignition barrel look like this?

If it does the immobiliser is incorporated into the ignition key.

The alarm fob will just operate the alarm not the immobiliser:thumbsup

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right yes my ignition does look like that and i know that the key is coded but the aftermarket bmw t3 alarm also has an immobilizer that cuts in automatically.
I have no key to turn the alarm of as there is no where on the siren to do this.
BMW told me that i can,t just unplug the alarm because of this. hence why i need to sort a new fob or bypass the immobilizer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the bmw tech i spoke to said that they are not alowed to touch sigma remotes (as its a bmw alarm) but he hinted that it might be possible. just need to figure out how.
Gonna have a look at the alarm module and see if i can put in a loop to bypass the immobilizer.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Right yes my ignition does look like that and i know that the key is coded but the aftermarket bmw t3 alarm also has an immobilizer that cuts in automatically.
I have no key to turn the alarm of as there is no where on the siren to do this.
BMW told me that i can,t just unplug the alarm because of this. hence why i need to sort a new fob or bypass the immobilizer.
That's odd, does that mean your car has two immobilisers then:confused

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes It comes with one as standard then the alarm that has been fitted also has one. When i spoke to the bmw tech man he admitted it was daft but was all part of after sales when the car was new, just squeezing the pennies out of the buyer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok have now sorted.
took the dash apart traced the wirring and found where they had cut into the existing immobilizer. Then i just disconected the alarm and reconected the original immobilizer and hey presto no need for the key fob and as a bonus if i want the alarm the alarm and full closure still work off the key fob.
Thanks to everyone who made some input to help me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.