BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been on a bike ride, had my keys in my pocket of my 1995 328i Coupe and when Ive got back they are not in my pocket. I took my phone out a few times on the way round the circuit which is around 20 miles. So chances of finding them is slim. Any idea what to do? Can I deactivate the alarm and immobiliser without the fob?

James

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Just been on a bike ride, had my keys in my pocket of my 1995 328i Coupe and when Ive got back they are not in my pocket. I took my phone out a few times on the way round the circuit which is around 20 miles. So chances of finding them is slim. Any idea what to do? Can I deactivate the alarm and immobiliser without the fob?

James

hmmm, tricky one mate. Always a chance you'll set the alarm off, wake the neighbours and/or the owners and before you know it, the babylon will be all over your ass.

Best bet:

Hide in the bush, wait for the owner to come out of his/her dwelling, surprise them by jumping straight out in front of them, drop your kek's......the sight of your ding-a-ling staring them in the face should be enough to startle them and drop the keys.........hey Presto!! problem solved dude.:thumbsup

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right ive checked the car and i left it open so alarm and immo isnt a problem, how do I get a new key for it? And can I get a new fob? It was a fob that wasnt part of the key, it was separate. Only had the single key aswell.

Anyone?

·
Registered
788 Posts
you need to take the log book to bmw for a key and would be a help to get the number of the steering lock , alternatively get a locksmith out to cut a key to fit the lock but if the key is coded then your knackered as it would need reprogramming if its aftermarket alarm/immobilizer then that can be bypassed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kev, as far as im aware its a standard BMW alarm n immo, it had BMW written on the fob. It was just a one button device. The key had a light on it.

Could I get a barrel out of another BMW and swap it? I know it wudnt help with the alarm n Immo or with the door locks but its a start.

I only have the green slip for the car aswell as Ive just bought it, do you think this would pose a problem? Any ideas on cost with BMW? Can they supply me with a new fob? Oh what a week this has been.

James

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
You will have a coded key on your car, does your ignition barrel protrude out? like a plastic ring around it? if yes then that is the antenna ring, you will have EWSII which means you can't just swap another barrel in, you will need a coded key from the dealers.

As for the alarm, do you have a siren with a built in cylinder lock barrel? If yes then get a locksmith to turn the alarm off or pick it yourself.

Also could you remember to add the vehicle details in the thread title next time as per forum rules please, they have been done for you this time. It makes it far easier for people looking up help for their own problems or conversions.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
You will have a coded key on your car, does your ignition barrel protrude out? like a plastic ring around it? if yes then that is the antenna ring, you will have EWSII which means you can't just swap another barrel in, you will need a coded key from the dealers.

As for the alarm, do you have a siren with a built in cylinder lock barrel? If yes then get a locksmith to turn the alarm off or pick it yourself.

Also could you remember to add the vehicle details in the thread title next time as per forum rules please, they have been done for you this time. It makes it far easier for people looking up help for their own problems or conversions.

Antenna Ring = EWS II = pain in the arse:frown

Replacement keys are coded to your vehicle and available only from BMW. Proof of I.D, address and ownership required. Parts ordered from the factory in Germany, normally delivered within a week:thumbsup

·
Registered
11 Posts
hmmm, tricky one mate. Always a chance you'll set the alarm off, wake the neighbours and/or the owners and before you know it, the babylon will be all over your ass.

Best bet:

Hide in the bush, wait for the owner to come out of his/her dwelling, surprise them by jumping straight out in front of them, drop your kek's......the sight of your ding-a-ling staring them in the face should be enough to startle them and drop the keys.........hey Presto!! problem solved dude.:thumbsup
Looks like it worked for you then :rofl

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After trauling everywhere until 1am I gave up last night only to walk back to my mams car and find the bloody keys on the ground.

Now I am definately going to get a replacment key and fob for furture.

James

·
Registered
650 Posts
Non remote keys from BMW are relatively cheap. In the first picture, the first one on the left (illuminated general/master) is approx £30, the second in (general/spare) is approx £25, the third key (service/valet) is approx £20, and the funny plastic key (emergency/wallet) in the second picture is had for around £12. All ordered from chasis number, coded & cut ready to go.
View attachment 2305
View attachment 2306

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I am Jammy haha, but it was nice for some relief after the week Ive just had.

Can any BMW dealership get them keys? What about a new fob? There dont seem to be any of this type on Ebay.

James

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.