BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Only got my BMW the other day. Well I went to take the front wheel off and I couldn't find the key to unlock the wheel bolts. Got in touch with the previous owner and was told if there wasn't one in the car then there isn't one. :eek

Now I'm stuck with a car that I have no way of getting the wheel bolts off. :frown

They look almost identical to these on *bay Item number: 320157676037. If that helps.

Any suggestions how to get them off?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

I would search through any receipts and papers you have with your documents, in the hope you find some code for the wheel bolts and then can order a replacement.

Other option is getting a nut welded onto each bolt so you can get them off with a spanner.

Or the pikey way, get a socket that doesnt quite go over the locking bolt, then bash it on with a hammer till it does go over it and try and then remove it.

Maybe a local garage will be able to help to

Hope that makes sense and helps

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have looked for a key number and there isn't one. The locking bolt looks like a cheap after market one.

Will these work with my type of locking bolt a SEALEY SX202 LOCKING WHEEL NUT REMOVAL KIT. Just seen them now?

If I did try the socket over the bolt then hammer on. Is there a chance it could fracture the alloy wheel with the impact from the lump hammer?

·
Registered
25 Posts
doubt it would do any damage if your careful! it wouldnt need pounding on try the bigger sockets first and work your way down if they slip.

I would definately consider taking it to a local garage, they will have done this before and if anything may give you some more advice on removing it.

That kit would be useful but your gonna use it once! not really worth buying, try calling the local garages see if any of them can do it for you cant see it being anymore than a half hour job.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll give it some more thought.
The car is SORN at the moment or at lest for the next 3 months, so It might be best to go with the kit, if it will work OK.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
doubt it would do any damage if your careful! it wouldnt need pounding on try the bigger sockets first and work your way down if they slip.

I would definately consider taking it to a local garage, they will have done this before and if anything may give you some more advice on removing it.

That kit would be useful but your gonna use it once! not really worth buying, try calling the local garages see if any of them can do it for you cant see it being anymore than a half hour job.
Had to do that recently with my 306 , cheeky beggards wanted tenner a wheel .:mad

·
Registered
20,393 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are not the origanl locking blots. I've had a look at the pic and they are totaly different, they look the same as these on
Ebay Item number: 320157676037. Take a look and you will see there a lot different. So it looks like I've wasted my money on the kit and I'm back in the same boat.

How can I get them off?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.