BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ,I RAVE ABOUT MY OLD E36 ITS 1995 AND GOES BRILL EVEN WITH 160000
MILES ON HER.BUT THIS HAS GOT ME BOTH MY ELECTRIC WINDOWS HAVE STOPED WORKING .THEY ALL WORKED WELL THE OTHER DAY AND THE DROP OF THE GLASS HAS PACKED UP TOO . ANY ONE ELSE HAD THIS FAULT IV CHECKED THE FUSES AND THERE ALL OK......HELP ::frown

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi,

First of all NO NEED TO SHOUT.

Now thats out of the way, do you hear the "Comfort Relay" clicking in when you press the window switch at all? If not have you checked the "Comfort Relay"? It is of Light Blue colour and believe its behind the dash, maybe someone can confirm this last part?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I think the windows are controlled by the ZKE module on a 1995 model. I think it's too late to have the comfort relay.
Ronnie will know this for sure. I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on here where he mentioned what years still had comfort relay. If you do a search you may find it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello ,thanks for the replies,
theres no clicking relays this time .when my ns window packed up a while back i could here a relay clicking under the glove box area,and only had to unjam a motor in that door,but this time i here nothing,
iv heard about a comfort relay but unsure of the location, after removing the glove box[6 screws,bril] i can see a relay but this is light green,could this be it or am i on the wrong track,there is a module under the other side drivers side under the trim that looks very expensive? so would be great if its only a relay.any thoughts?
il post what it was when i get to the bottoof it
cheers ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im thinking that too ,going to try a zke module [i think thats what there called] lucky that they are in the up possition,even with the glove box down,i can still drive to work ah,,,:thumbsup
ill post wwhat happens ,,,,,,,,,
cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi sussed it at last,bad feed to the zke module, terminals were green,so i cleaned them up wilth a needle file inside carefully inside the terminal block, and it worked,
oh well looks like i got a spare module but gonna keep it incase it does pack up

this module is the switching relay for the windows as i can here it clicking inside when i opperate the window switches no comfort relay on my 1995 3series coupe,you were right so thanks again

just to help,zke body control module on a right hand drive 1995 coupe is behined the glove box
.its a black box with 3 plug in terminal blocks in
L-R black,,yellow,,green,,
there is also a terminal block at the rear so careful as you unclip the unit that you dont damage the wires at the rear as it comes forward,the dirty connections were on the large front black terminal block,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts