BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I'm having a problem with a oil leak. I have located where the oil leak's from but don't know what that piece is and what it does so i'm going to exemplify.
It leak's from that screw-like thing that's round and close to that little screw (i don't know what it is or what it does).

It's positioned behind the oil filter can, at the base of it. I'm going to attach another picture from realoem and i made an arrow to show you where it is aproximately.

I'm awaiting your indications and/or suggestions for what that is and what it does and how i can solve the problem. Thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are wright! Did a little bit of digging and found out that the upper one is just a cap for a hole (from where my oil is leaking) and the lower one is also a cap but for a relief valve, or something similar to that. Tommorrow i'm going to look into this. I hope i can fix it by replacing the o-ring and circlip. Thank you very much for your help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm coming with an update. It was the relief valve that Stephano mentioned and since i can't buy new ones i took the cap with the o-ring and circlip from an '92 e36 320i nv and now it doesn't leak anymore after checking daily the valve. Thank you for your help again! :thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts