BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have 235/40/18 tyres on the front of my 325i and need to get them replaced. I am not sure whether to go for part worn or new.
I would like some advice before purchasing them.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
206 Posts
depends on your budget , if your planning on keeping the car i would go with new , having said that id go with a good brand like michelin etc that was partworn before i would buy a no name new tyre

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

If I was to buy new tyres, non budget I am looking at £250 - £300 for both. Part worn will be around £100 for both. I do not do many miles in the car, mostly running around.
Decisions, decisions......

·
Registered
206 Posts
how much thread is left on the part worn ones??

·
Registered
7 Posts
My thoughts are if you go for part worns why did the person who had them on originally change them?Hence I would always go for new-although in tests many good branded part worns did far better than cheapy tyres....
At the moment I am running Falken 452's on the rear and have not had a problem with them-they seem to be a good tyre for what you pay :thumbsup

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My thoughts are if you go for part worns why did the person who had them on originally change them?Hence I would always go for new-although in tests many good branded part worns did far better than cheapy tyres....
At the moment I am running Falken 452's on the rear and have not had a problem with them-they seem to be a good tyre for what you pay :thumbsup
For the Falkens it is around £260 for the pair.

My dilema is that I only do around 4,000 miles a year, and do not travel very far.
Are there any really bad points about going for a new budget tyre?

·
Registered
206 Posts
what brand are the part worns???

·
Registered
387 Posts
i wud go for new but if my funds wud not allow that i wud go for top end part worn tyres, just look around and see wat ya feel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts