BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all :jaw-dropping

I have got an E36 325i on a 1994 and keep getting the Air bag light on the steering wheel coming on and off all the time whilst driving.Sometimes it stays on and other times it stays off but keeps on flickering on and off most of the time......

can anybody help me out....
;)

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
You really need to get the codes read, Unfortunately there is no way round it apart from having them scanned, It will most likely be either the slip ring at the steering wheel(Squib/drivers firing circuit) or the drivers pre tensioner/seat mat(It could also be passenger but most of the time it's the side that gets used most).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think you are right Ronnie about the slip ring as it comes on when i turn the steering wheel a certain way....

thanks for the advise...

i will get the codes first i think....

keep up the good work.....:hihi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, new here, my air bag light is also continuously on, I have no idea wha these codes are you speak off any links to explain them.

E36 316i 1994

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Hi, new here, my air bag light is also continuously on, I have no idea wha these codes are you speak off any links to explain them.

E36 316i 1994
Welcome Damien,
When the airbag light comes on it's because the airbag module(computer) has picked up a fault in the system, The only way to find the fault is to put the vehicle on a scanner and read the codes, any good independent should be able to do this for you, They should also then tell you what work is involved to fix the system

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ah cool, the guy I bought if off says something about the rear passenger seat sensor, thing is, will the airbag still work?

ps, I've left a post in the Intro section.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts