BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone i am knew to the bimmer world and is loving xcept for recently i took out and cleaned my injectors when they were replaced the gas was very low in the tank. Fire up ok but stutter a little but smooth out after put half tank of 90 unleaded a can of injector treatment and two bottles of octane boost when driving car starts to cackle like a hen, hesitates and fuel smells bad cant make a quick overtake can anyone help? thanks for advice

·
Banned
344 Posts
hello everyone i am knew to the bimmer world and is loving xcept for recently i took out and cleaned my injectors when they were replaced the gas was very low in the tank. Fire up ok but stutter a little but smooth out after put half tank of 90 unleaded a can of injector treatment and two bottles of octane boost when driving car starts to cackle like a hen, hesitates and fuel smells bad cant make a quick overtake can anyone help? thanks for advice

When you put the injectors back...........did you change the injector seals?

sounds like you have a leak some where.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we checked the seals and they were seated ok and no leakin when parked and rev sounds like new could it be too much octane boost for half tank gas or can dignostic find the problem

·
Banned
344 Posts
we checked the seals and they were seated ok and no leakin when parked and rev sounds like new could it be too much octane boost for half tank gas or can dignostic find the problem
The octane boost that you used, how much does it push it up to from 90.

Since ythis problem has developed after the work you did, then I do think you have an issue with an air leak or indeed a result of the cocktail you put in the tank.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am not sure xactly but probably 92 so u suggest i run out the tank because the mixture not correct? also when throttling in drive it hunts sometimez

·
Banned
344 Posts
i am not sure xactly but probably 92 so u suggest i run out the tank because the mixture not correct? also when throttling in drive it hunts sometimez
So when the car is idling, the rev;s are hunting up and down?? If so..........you have an air leak for sure.

·
Banned
344 Posts
when you removed the injectors, did you remove anything else to get to them?

when the car is running, can u hear any hissing sounds around the injectors or inlet?

You could try spraying some carb cleaner in and ariund the vac lines, injectors and inlet.......if the idle changes when cleaner is sprayed then that would point to the leak.

Can only be something that you have disturbed or indeed the cocktail mix of cleaner, boost and fuel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no hissing sounds we did spray and checked so could it b the cocktail mix cause when it hesitates for some seconds it then shoots like a rocket and maintained

·
Banned
344 Posts
no hissing sounds we did spray and checked so could it b the cocktail mix cause when it hesitates for some seconds it then shoots like a rocket and maintained

If you are certain there are no leaks:
could well be..........if it was my car, I would drain the tank into a clean container, put some fresh juice in and see how you go
over the course of the day leaving it enough time to clear through.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i will try that and get back my results should i add any octane boost bcause where i m is only 90 unleaded spec. states 91

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes i was using the 90 but always add a bottle of octane but not 2 to a half tank and the octane gives me more juice

·
Banned
344 Posts
yes i was using the 90 but always add a bottle of octane but not 2 to a half tank and the octane gives me more juice
Sounds good, 90 is way too low as you said.

Try that 2moro with the new fuel and booster but make sure you use the right mix.:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts