BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there
I have a 1994 E36 325i with a problem with 2nd gear,I have no problems with any other gear its fine but when I try to put it in 2nd it seems to get stuck there and really difficullt to release it-I have been told it may be the clucth but I think it may be the gearbox.Any Ideas?
I have another gearbox which is from a 323i M52 engine-mine is an M50 engine can I do a straight swap?
Many Thanks
Steve :thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I'm afraid it does sound like the gearbox rather than the clutch:frown

My mate managed to blow his on his 1.8 when he decided to go for a big doughnut in the works premisses. He actually pulled off a good doughnut too so blowing the box was not very amusing:frown

He had a problem with second gear:thumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that-I think I got deal of the century on Ebay-99p for a gearbox from a 323-I was initially worried that it would not go on cause the 323 is an M52 engine and I have the M50 but have been informed that it will bolt on-so what I plan to do is the whole lot-clutch,gearbox and that rubber dong thingy-maggig.I would love to do it myself but got nowhere to raise the car so am going to have to pay a garage to do it for me:mad
Thanks for getting back to me though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.