BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI THERE

i have a 320i 1994 and the dash clocks (speedo ,revs ,fuel) basically the whole unit seems to turn its self on and off constantly this is my first bmw so dont know an awfull lot about them any help or advice would be gratefully taken
:):)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Possible the clocks have had it and you need a new set.Try a binnacle test.Also check the loom going into the bootlid for broken wires cause this can cause wierd electrical gremlins in the car

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Possible the clocks have had it and you need a new set.Try a binnacle test.Also check the loom going into the bootlid for broken wires cause this can cause wierd electrical gremlins in the car
+1

make sure you split the sheath and look inside for broken wires, could also be a loose connector on the back of the clocks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS GUYS
fingers crossed it is just a loose connection although i have just done a 40 mile trip and it didnt do it once
if it is goosed would it just be a case of finding a doner set and swapping them over or would it be more complicated than that

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
THANKS GUYS
fingers crossed it is just a loose connection although i have just done a 40 mile trip and it didnt do it once
if it is goosed would it just be a case of finding a doner set and swapping them over or would it be more complicated than that
Yep you'll be able to swap the clocks over from another 6 pot e36. Your mileage will be altered though.

Have you checked the boot wiring yet? I'd put money on that being the problem ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep you'll be able to swap the clocks over from another 6 pot e36. Your mileage will be altered though.

Have you checked the boot wiring yet? I'd put money on that being the problem ;)
WILL BE MY FIRST JOB WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK TODAY AS IT WAS TO DARK LAST NIGHT AND POURING WITH RAIN :thumbsup:thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts