BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got an asc console switch that was with the car when i bought it. It isnt wired up to anything as my car hasn't got asc. Is it possible to get this to illuminate with the other switches when i put my lights on?? Iv flicked the switch out to have a look at it an its been put there to fill the gap next to the lighter.

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. Will probably take it to an auto electrician see if he can sort it. Hopefully will be an easy job

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had the ASC switch wired up works illuminates fine. Does anyone know what the live and earth pin numbers are for the heated seat switches so i can get them illuminated?? Ive tried same as asc which didnt work

Cheers

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Can I just ask why you want a switch there that doesn't relate to anything on your car?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had all good intentions of getting the heated seats installed, bought the switches last year so might as well get them lit up rather than not. Think it makes console look bit better when its dark and there illuminated.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did it myself took all of 5 mins once i knew which wire was earth and live. Having trouble finding which pin is which on the heated switch though without going through each of the combinations

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Can just imagine when you come to sell the car all the puzzled WTF looks you're going to get.

"Its got all these buttons that do sweet FA"

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks billywhizz. No intention of selling the car going to drive it until it dies on me.
Cheers for all the replies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts