BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question really. Ive got an aftermarket cd player in my car but would like to put the original cd43 buisness cd player in as i think it looks better on the dash ( and i want to keep interior standard). Anyone got one and are they any good?

Phoned up bmw main dealers for a quote and nearly died of shock when they quoted £500 +???

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Funnily enough I was looking at these the other day. Expect to pay around £140 for one if you like the OEM look :(

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah iv got a sony one at the minute which is probably better than the original one. However i want my car to have to original look so if the business cd is not as good im still gonna change it. Cant believe bm quoted me more than £500 i nearly choked. Nevermind gona get one of ebay for £150ish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same dilemma and ended up fitting a blaupunkt travel pilot e1 that I saw in the bargain bin of a local motor store for 100 quid. it sounds good and also has sat nav but looks spot on in my '95 m3. Sure to be some on eBay.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
CD43 is available from Rover and Land Rover on ebay for around £50

I paid £130 for one to find a litle M badge stuck over the rover Symbol that had been removed with some thinners............

Basically I should have researched better and am passing this on so you will spot the difference between the lettered business one and this.

Or maybe you make a saving and use a sticker. That said it is perfectly usable, shown with screw covers open they were present and closed perfectly, it works perfectly and I'm happy with it....... next time I will be £100 better off though.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
CD43 is available from Rover and Land Rover on ebay for around £50

I paid £130 for one to find a litle M badge stuck over the rover Symbol that had been removed with some thinners............

Basically I should have researched better and am passing this on so you will spot the difference between the lettered business one and this.

Or maybe you make a saving and use a sticker. That said it is perfectly usable, shown with screw covers open they were present and closed perfectly, it works perfectly and I'm happy with it....... next time I will be £100 better off though.

Thats the one i had in my touring mate and it didnt bother me that it had the sticker on it:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Thats the one i had in my touring mate and it didnt bother me that it had the sticker on it:thumbsup
Didn't bothe me either but buying a rover one, using a cotton bud to melt off the symbol and covering with a £2 badge would have left me £80 to £100 better off for doing it myself. Learnign curve, that's half a tyre after all

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Didn't bothe me either but buying a rover one, using a cotton bud to melt off the symbol and covering with a £2 badge would have left me £80 to £100 better off for doing it myself. Learnign curve, that's half a tyre after all
Half a tyre lol

I sold mine on ebay when i got rid of the touring then the guy said it didnt work as the cd was stuck in it:confused

Refunded him with the postage as well and once i got it back i was starting to wonder if it was the same one id sent him.

Ill have to try it again soon as it would do in the e34..

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
LOL

If you think how long it takes to earn £80 pounds after tax better to drink it or eat it or anythiing than give it away.

Here's a Rover one on ebay 320640302921 £40 so far.

Rover 45 / 25 and 75 popular sources.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Thought I'd bump this as I managed to get hold of one of these today, for very little :D
Ok it's the Rover unit but I don't care, I've split the face off and am going to spray it satin black to get rid of the transfer and avoid putting any stickers on it. I've seen them on ebay going for about £130 which are blatently not genuine BMW ones, can't believe the cheek of some sellers!

Question:
Does it need a cage btw?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts