BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there. fitted new right door card.

now, when i click the central locking, the locks go down then jump back up to unlocked, then i have to click again to disable the alarm then click again and then they lock.

the right door locker catch seems a bit stiff when i pull it up and down. could that be the issue?

i bent the wire a bit towards the road because the door cards were hanging off and the wire was used to operating with this door card this way. maybe i didn't bend it enough.

what do you think guys?

many thank yous.

xpress :)

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Make sure the locking rod can move freely.
Also check the boot wiring where it bends and goes into the boot lid. You might have disturbed some brittle wiring. I had the same locking fault when i got the car and 3 wires into the boot had broken. :thumbsup

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah that might be it! this problem happened before i moved the loom for the boot and when i took it out it seems fine, so i think i might see if i can get that locking rod to move a bit better, it's definitely too stiff! thanks for the nod mate. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
ive got a similar prob on my 320.turn the key in the door once and locks and unlocks then a second turn and everything locks fine,,,weird.

·
Banned
110 Posts
no weirdness about it......

the locks work on a vacum controled system. this is a common issue- , best thing is to open door card check everything looks ok then lubricate -

if all this fails it could be the vacum lock actuater

gd luck

·
Registered
11 Posts

the locks work on a vacum controled system. this is a common issue- , best thing is to open door card check everything looks ok then lubricate -

gd luck
Are you sure you are on the correct forum here? This is BMW, not Mercedes...:rofl. All actuators are electronic...no vacumn pumps behind door cards. Unless you know something I don't :shifty:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

gd luck
Are you sure you are on the correct forum here? This is BMW, not Mercedes...:rofl. All actuators are electronic...no vacumn pumps behind door cards. Unless you know something I don't :shifty:

Weirdness?? you aint kidding dude!

My Uncle Jamal got himself locked up last week and I aint got no bloody stash left, SHIT!!

I was just thinking: "where the hell am I gonna score some more??" - Don't normally go anywhere else, Uncle Jamal's is the shit!

Then.....this is the weird bit man, kinda almost like it was meant to be:

Logged on here, saw Awais's post and thought "Hell Yeah!!, I'll have some of what eva that dude's been having" must be some good shit, hey Awais?!

I see you're in North London, you deliver at all dude?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
on a serious note, this is starting to do my nut in. this only started happening after i changed door cards, even with the door card off it's doing it and when i am not obstructing the flow of the locking rod(ney). :p

it seems to be happening on many others cars too. i did the bootlid after the doorcard started playing up and the loom seems to be fine.

this is so doing my nuts in tho.

when i opened the door card, there's a cable not attached next to the other two, it's a yellow connector, what is this for? did it pop out?

love you all long time.

:S

·
Banned
110 Posts
Weirdness?? you aint kidding dude!

My Uncle Jamal got himself locked up last week and I aint got no bloody stash left, SHIT!!

I was just thinking: "where the hell am I gonna score some more??" - Don't normally go anywhere else, Uncle Jamal's is the shit!

Then.....this is the weird bit man, kinda almost like it was meant to be:

Logged on here, saw Awais's post and thought "Hell Yeah!!, I'll have some of what eva that dude's been having" must be some good shit, hey Awais?!

I see you're in North London, you deliver at all dude?

ok Mr 2MuchSuckher-Ray

come to the Total garage in Wealdstone North London tonight at 9pm or any night, yeh that one you might of heard about it because it was in the news but hey dont worry, you got 2 do missions for the quality Dank

you will get served good and proper - dont worry

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
If its definatly not the loom, it could be a solonoid in the door mechanism thats gone faulty. Spray loads of wd40 into the latch where it catches the striker. These are known to stick sometimes.
I cant see it would be anything on the trim card because there are only 2 wires, the connectors on the door card are for the tweeter and the door mirror. I had mine off last week and cant see it would be anything else. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
ok Mr 2MuchSuckher-Ray

come to the Total garage in Wealdstone North London tonight at 9pm or any night, yeh that one you might of heard about it because it was in the news but hey dont worry, you got 2 do missions for the quality Dank

you will get served good and proper - dont worry

Great!! Nice one fella:thumbsup

......shall I bring my Dildo??:shifty:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea bro you're right. still, coming off the loom onto the door panel there's like three plugs, two black and one yella. the yella one isn't plugged in, whassit for? starter for ten points!

·
Banned
110 Posts
Great!! Nice one fella:thumbsup

......shall I bring my Dildo??:shifty:
na leave the dildo at home and bring ur other half im sure she will enjoy this quality dank because it will make her go up and down all night long :rofl

dont 4get this dank shop opens everynight at 9pm at the Total petrol garage in wealdstone n london,, for directions google it

PS bring any of your family members too more the merrier all welcome all will get served good and proper styly

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
na leave the dildo at home and bring ur other half im sure she will enjoy this quality dank because it will make her go up and down all night long :rofl

dont 4get this dank shop opens everynight at 9pm at the Total petrol garage in wealdstone n london,, for directions google it

PS bring any of your family members too more the merrier all welcome all will get served good and proper styly

My Mrs??.............nah man, I'll do one better just for you dude:

My bulldog needs a bitch real quick, that animal needs to get his end away to calm him down a bit. I'm sure he'll take to you pretty quickly.

Ok....I'll leave the Dildo...............besides, don't have one wide enough for you after the dogs had his way. rofl

Gonna give DSK a shout, he may well have bigger sizes in stock:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.