BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, got a wee problem with my sunroof. It will only open about 3 inches, because the rear trim covering (on the sunroof) has come off inside the area where the roof slides into, which stops the roof from opening fully.

Can anyone offer any advice how to get it back out? Ive tried a few times, but it seems to be stuck at either edge on something.

Whats making this one annoying is that for the first time in 'sunny' scotland, its actually started being, well, sunny. lol

Cheers:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The only way I'm aware of accessing the sunroof is by removing the head lining. This is not hard but once you have done this you may need to remove the sunroof sliding assembly:yikes

I have not looked too closely at mine yet but I have a black roof lining ready to put in mine and I will need to recover the sunroof section to which is stuck to the sunroof panel which means I will have to remove it:frown

I have already removed the old roof lining:hihi

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the other day i managed to get it back out, opened the sunroof as far as i could, jammed a ruler in between the stuck trim panel and the roof, and it then came back out when i shut the sunroof again. In saying this i did spend well over an hour trying various strange/inventive/forceful ideas, including pliers, mini crowbar etc etc. Bet the neighbors were loving their free evenings entertainment:lol

I did come accross this page though when i was looking into it, which may be useful to you at some point? http://www.bimmerdiy.com/diy/e36sunroof

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.