BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, started the car up for the first time in a week, and it ran like sh*t. to be honest starting to wish i didnt buy the damn thing! :frown

i let the car try to warm up for a bit after coughing and spluttering and idleing all over the place after a few revvs it wasnt as bad, and i took it for a quick spin.

I thought oh this is a bit rough so i checked the plugs and as i pull the cap off, oil came flying out with the cap!!! so i checked the next one and so on, excactly the same!!! i know on my Kawasaki ZX6R the cam/rocker cover has one complete seal around the outside of the cover and individual seals for each plug, is this a possiblity???

from where i took the [plug out to check it the bloody oil went into cylinder one, it burnt off but what a joke!

any help guys?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
oil on the spark plugs is usually a sign of a worn rocker cover gasket, on the 6 cyl cars you do get a spark plug aperature gasket with the rocker cover gasket.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so would you say it would be simular for the 4cyl too? i'll try to have a look on pelican parts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
select your car on www.eurocarparts.com, they will tell you if the spark plug aperature gaskets are also available for your car.

The more knowledgable chaps will be able to hlep and confirm when they log on

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes it is,

I'll go get some tommorrow from my local GSF, thanks very much for the help people!

Roll on the next issues!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts