BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all, just after a bit of info about the best way to remove locking wheel nuts as when I bought my car the adapter was rounded. As far as I'm aware it is the standard original part but do they differ from the ages of car? Tried using my mates adapter off his e46 and it was slightly too big.
Is there somewhere I can buy a replacement adapter or preferably does somebody know how to remove the nuts without damaging the wheels?
Thanks, Patrick

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, i figured the wheel forum was the right place to be)

·
Registered
387 Posts
ive always used a long socket and hammered it over the nut, but the socket does have to be slighty smaller, saying this every nut is diff so wat works for one might not work for another? hope it helps

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
The lock key has a number stamped on the bottom, the dealer will get you one to match. You might need to take some ID so ring the dealer first.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
ive always used a long socket and hammered it over the nut, but the socket does have to be slighty smaller, saying this every nut is diff so wat works for one might not work for another? hope it helps
+1 they're not very strong so a good socket can be hammered over it.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Internal stubby easy outs will own them, and you can usually reuse the locking wheel bolts should you find the locking key or get a replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts