BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had the clutch done (sachs clutch kit) yesterday and now when in 4th and 5th gear the gear lever wobbles side to side when over 30mph.
any ideas?
im sure it wasnt doing it before

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
there is adjustment in the centre mount of the prop. I have always marked them first so the go back in the same place. Ill have a look at work tomorrow and see if i can find the aligning procedure :thumbsup
Also check that rubber doughnut mount for flex and movement at the gearbox. Ill post some pics up tomorrow. :thumbsup

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Ive had a look and the rubber prop coupling should have directional arrows in the rubber. The arrows on the rubber should be pointing towards the nuts and not the bolt heads.
With the prop you have to loosen the centre bearing bracket nuts then slide the bracket forwards and remove the freeplay.
Then pre load the bearing by moving the bracket forward a further 4 to 6mm. Hold the bracket in position and tighten the retaining nuts.

Its all copied from a manual, but its all the info i could find. :)
Hope it helps a bit. :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.