BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes when cornering there is a clunking/knocking sound from under the front seats individually.
any ideas what i should be looking for?
its a cloth interior with 3 levers to adjust seat and 1 electric button for lumbar support.
cheers

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its the seat, inside the car and just a single knock on some corners. the back of the seat wobbles back and forth a bit but knock coming from under base part.
not got under seat to feel/look yet, just thought id post it up incase anyone had the same problem and knew where it was coming from.

nice car btw, my 318i is standard at the mo but got my eye on some 17'' 19 spoke alpina's to fit in the summer

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
You need to check the nuts on the front of the seat that secure it to the floor and the bolts on the rear... failing that you may need to lift the carpet or get underneath to check the floor has not split, shouldn't have thought so though:thumbsup

PS Thanks for the kind comment:cool

·
Registered
51 Posts
i also have the same noise from passenger seat, can't find anythin loose tho-everthin tightened down when i changed interior.
thinking about it now, it only does it when the mrs is in car as i remember askin her what the clunk was. maybe its the insides of seat.
let us know if you find out what it is :thumbsup

·
Registered
51 Posts
could be your mrs with the clunk. sorry couldnt resist.
havnt had chance to look as been out all day but will post up results
ha ha, as i was writing it i knew i was leavin myself wide open to that kind of remark, and i even thought of saying something on the same lines myself about it being her fault but the mrs wouldn't have been impressed at all, :boxedin :crowded(and this is where id be sleeping tonight down at the refuge if she reads this)

by the way shes a great model with the looks and curves to die for :jaw-dropping - just like an M3 :cloud9,

M3 or the mrs its a real tough call :eek ( but the mrs of course, just incase you read this my angel :angel:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.