BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, any easy ways to do this?
ive had a look and think i can reach the plug ends of the wire by removing the throttle body, is that easiest?

the cam sensor i have recieved it plastic with a small metal tip
http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/s..._mo_id=80&se_es_id=21&se_bt_id=20&se_yr_id=45
and the original is an all metal item, it doesnt feel too safe putting a plastic item in a hot engine with oil, surely it would deteriorate it over time?

what do i remove to get to the crank sensor or can it be reached from underneath the car?

also how hard is it to replace the serpentine belt on the front of the engine? mine is looking a bit cracked on the inner ridges. does it need to be tensioned or is it auto tensioned? are there any items running off the belt that have to be kept in time like with cam belts?

thanks

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
That sensor looks really cheap and nasty. With these BMW's you should use a genuine or a Bosch sensor. The cheap ones are known for causing problems..:frown

The serp belt is an easy replacement as they are on a spring loaded tensioner, you just move the tensioner away from the belt with a socket or spanner. Just make sure you draw a guide of the belt routing as its easy to forget..:thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.