BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to the forums,
Ive search'd the forums about this but cannot find it..

i brought the car 2 days ago, took for a test drive and felt fine all but the rear drivers bearing that wasnt a problem as i could do this..
so anyway after the purchase i opend it up alittle as you do.

to find when i go over any slight bump the rear shakes to eaither side,,
anyway with the rear bearing i changed it yesterday,,
all gone fine with that but upon removing the hub to do this there's
the main bar from the hub that connects with 3 18mm nuts under the rear passengers seat.. the mount rubber in there is really pooped...

so the help i need is the correct term for that part, so that i can search on ebay or goto the bm shop :)

i'm sure its the bush but what bush is it called lol..
sorry nooby to bm's
give me a punto and i can name that but im stuck with this part name lol

so thats the help im needing since both have to be changed.. rubber mounts are kinda damaged real bad. so i prosume its this thats making it sway on the back end upon hitting a bump/pot hole...

Thanks and ill look forward to your replies..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Much Appriciated Thanks...

yes i found that when going around 50-60 it goes out way to much so i wont be reaching that speed untill its done.,,
it aint bad since there's a pair on ebay for 15quid brand new,

again Thanks for the replies :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
Much Appriciated Thanks...

yes i found that when going around 50-60 it goes out way to much so i wont be reaching that speed untill its done.,,
it aint bad since there's a pair on ebay for 15quid brand new,

again Thanks for the replies :D

Yeah I think they are around £15 from bmw new mate, try your local dealer see what they can do for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.