BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya guys, my 316i has been leaking fuel for quite a while. It was only leaking when the engine was running. I handed it in to the garage, and they are claiming the problem is with the fuel tank leaking from the side.

Can someone please tell me if this is possible? I thought if it was the petrol tank, the car would be leaking 24/7 and not just when the engine is running!

I am an absolute novice with cars otherwise I would try fixing it myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suppose it's possible -- if the fault is triggered by fuel moving; in other words, when the engine is running, the fuel is running through the lines by way of the pump etc....

Only a suggestion of course, I wonder if a second opinion may be welcome? Good luck with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jonk, that's all I wanted to know, to see if it's possible. I thought previously if it was the tank then it would be leaking even when the engine was off. The garage are in the process of changing the tank, I just wanted to know if they were ripping me off, and therefore avoid this particular garage in futute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.