BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Do they really give so much power?! I still don't believe that air filters and exhaust systems actually give you much power... I am talking a few bhp & lb/ft if you are lucky!

I wouldn't either bother wasting your money on buying an induction kit, that is unless you want to spend an extra £100-£250 for a little more noise.... Which to be honest on the straight six engine.... could actually be worth it :D.

I would go for a direct replacement panel filter and it will also give it my fav look of all... stock :D

Green Cotton direct replacement are only about £45.00!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The £ per BHP figures are not really justified when modifying BMW's. If it's power you're after then speak to motechmike about his remaps as you will see better gains from this, still not masses of amounts though.

I have a daveF filter kit and milltek decat section to add to my Scorpion exhaust on my M-powered 318is coupe... I'm just a modifying jukie:rofl

Love the noise:lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
The £ per BHP figures are not really justified when modifying BMW's. If it's power you're after then speak to motechmike about his remaps as you will see better gains from this, still not masses of amounts though.

I have a daveF filter kit and milltek decat section to add to my Scorpion exhaust on my M-powered 318is coupe... I'm just a modifying jukie:rofl

Love the noise:lol
Yeah a remap will be best :D - something like 15bhp extra? But should make a huge difference on how the car pulls and should make it a little smoother too :D - Most places will raise the revv limiter too but not sure is Motech offer that? I guess Mike can answer that one :)

I know the feeling about being a modifying junkie..... Spent faaarr too much money on cars in the past! Always great fun though!

How much did you pay for the Milltek De-Cat section?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Yeah a remap will be best :D - something like 15bhp extra? But should make a huge difference on how the car pulls and should make it a little smoother too :D - Most places will raise the revv limiter too but not sure is Motech offer that? I guess Mike can answer that one :)

I know the feeling about being a modifying junkie..... Spent faaarr too much money on cars in the past! Always great fun though!

How much did you pay for the Milltek De-Cat section?
Much more than Slacker Ray picked his up for recently:frown

I think the thing to remember with induction kits is that they need to be shielded from the heat of the engine bay and must have a good cold air feed:thumbsup

·
Registered
459 Posts
Much more than Slacker Ray picked his up for recently:frown

I think the thing to remember with induction kits is that they need to be shielded from the heat of the engine bay and must have a good cold air feed:thumbsup
:( - Well I bet you can't wait to get it one - how are you going about the lambda sensors and any lights coming on? Personally I am not sure if this happens with these?

Agreed about the statement of keeping them shielded from the heat and a nice cold air feed :thumbsup :D

BTW I am really sorry for jacking the thread and talking about exhausts!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My past induction kits only made a cool noise when you put your foot down:D
I didnt notice any power gains to be honest, Even my old 300zx had k&n panels fitted but there was no noticable feeling from the stock filters:confused
So im going to stick with the stock filter on my bmw... i am tempted with the remap though:lol:D

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
something like a turbo car would see a little gain, but you would be hard fetched to notice it.
Cosworths work well with a decat pipe and a induction kit, something like 30bhp gain and its kinder to the engine.

I have a E36 M3 3.0 and am looking into S/C T/C it and making it a proper monster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.