BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to the forum, new to BMWs and the new (and slightly scared) owner of a tatty ancient E36 2.5i convertible. This was supposed to be my first foray into bangernomics and I think my heart got the better of my normally very logical head. It has some service history (appears to have had a lot of money spent in the past), new clutch, 10months MOT and taxed until October. I'm hoping I get to the next MOT.........

My plan is to service the car immediately but other than the normal oil, coolant items etc. what else would people recommend as must do service items on this engine? I know the water pumps can be a problem but is there anything else I should look out for?

BTW it's so much fun to drive :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
water pump, thermastat fuel filter as lot of people forget about that one and i would also so the gearbox oil as well as the engine oil and i also did the power steering on mine just a few i did on mine hope that helps and welcome to the club !!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
lol but its something we enjoy as doing mine again this weekend and then reset the oil and inspection lights on the dash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts