BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just bought an E34 525tds se Touring which for some reason is loosing battery power over night! so till i got it fixed i decided to remove the battery to charge it, unfortunately when i put it back in the alarm sounded and wouldn't switch off (no emergancy alarm key) Is there any way of removing or to disable the alarm?
I went to BMW local dealership and they say they cant get replacement key!
Now my car is rendered useless as it won't start or even turnover!:banghead
Oh and hi from a newbee!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery, turning the ignition on then reconnecting the battery?

And I presume you have a alarm siren with the key barrel built in that you can switch the alarm on or off?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried disconnecting the battery, turning the ignition on then reconnecting the battery?
Have now and that done the trick thanks:thumbsup

And I presume you have a alarm siren with the key barrel built in that you can switch the alarm on or off?
I have an alarm with siren and barrel but no key to turn it off:eek

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Have now and that done the trick thanks:thumbsup

I have an alarm with siren and barrel but no key to turn it off:eek
They are relatively easy to pick :hihi

Get a locksmith to do it for you, I did one myself with my lock pick :cool

Good to hear it's sorted for now though :thumbsup I presume it is now running?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its running fine , although i do need to disconnect the battery over night as there is still a drain, thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, time to buy a multimeter then

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, got it all fixed now :) turned out to be the new alternator that the previous owner had attached, he'd shorted out the wiring, causing all sorts of battery drain. Once that was sorted everything else seem to work properly, including the alarm. Dont really know why that had anything to do with the alarm but I'm not complaining.
So I'd just like to thank everyone that helped, Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts