BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my first post here hoping someone can help I have 94 bmw 525i and have only recently bought it for scrap money as it was a bit bruised but the engine is so strong i cant break it love it to much already. Anyway nuff waffling the light appears when you first ign on then goes out momentairily and thens stays on but the abs pump starts on ign on, stays on after start-up, then runs on for about 30 seconds after switch off. Only way to prevent the constant running is to remove the rearmost of two pink relays located behind speaker grill, was hoping it was these however they are both the same and i have swapped them round and plugged and un-plugged them to no avail, you can here them clicking in and out so pretty sure its not them. Does this vehicle have an accumalator? if so could it be this that is at fault and where might i find the piggy, i have looked at the abs ecu under the Driver side plastic cover and this looks like it may have been replaced already hoping its not the pump, but would it be running at all the pump i mean if it was at fault Sorry for the long one hoping someone out there has been there done that with this one so trying to give all the info i can.
any help much appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow i wasn't expecting a huge response but was hoping someone might at least read the post only 2 views both me lol so i guess no one has a clue then? anyone? (tumbleweed blows past) well i guess i will just have to take the plunge on the pump and hope its that

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
One of them was me mate as ive allready read it but i dont know how to fix your issue so was no point replying then.

Just wait, id be surprised if nobody can help you:thumbsup

·
Registered
21 Posts
i also read your post, its a tricky one, you'v already rulled out the relays, can you be certain that the abs ecu has been changed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not 100% thanks for the reply is it common for the pump to run continous? if this is the case hopefully should have a tested working one available tomo to use bargain i thought at 25 squiddys, so just thought I would grab it as well as pump in case it was that save myself the effort of taking out a working pump:thumbsup. Bit of an excess i suppose but I love her so :)

and to be honest I cant find a single person who has had the pump be faulty by way of continous running or if there is they ain't telling lol it always seems to be non running or intermittent running pumps so heres hoping an abs control module does the trick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update for anyone who has been following this topic. I have fixed it :cool by finding a few nibbled wires and repairing them mostly grounds (not sure if any were directly linked to abs control module but repaired all anyway) and then replacing the ABS CONTROL MODULE. This is located in the driverside e-box on my vehicle can confirm it was defo blown control unit so if anyone finds themselves with a constant running abs pump check for mice damage then find a control module thought i would let people know as this does not seem to be a commonly reported symptom of a control unit failure at least not from what I have found so hopefully this will help one of you fellow e34 fans out there to keep your Brute from the scrappers jaws.;)

P.s My abs system is the bosch type with seperate control module

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Quick update for anyone who has been following this topic. I have fixed it :cool by finding a few nibbled wires and repairing them mostly grounds (not sure if any were directly linked to abs control module but repaired all anyway) and then replacing the ABS CONTROL MODULE. This is located in the driverside e-box on my vehicle can confirm it was defo blown control unit so if anyone finds themselves with a constant running abs pump check for mice damage then find a control module thought i would let people know as this does not seem to be a commonly reported symptom of a control unit failure at least not from what I have found so hopefully this will help one of you fellow e34 fans out there to keep your Brute from the scrappers jaws.;)

P.s My abs system is the bosch type with seperate control module
Cheers for letting us know how you solved it mate:thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts