BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm new here so please forgive me if this thread is a bit messy.
I have an e34 518i, the problem started a couple of weeks ago... the central locking could not be activated by the passenger door key, it would just lock that door only. The drivers door would operate the central locking but all the locks would open again and they would lock with a second turn of the key. Last week fuse no. 32 under the back seat kept blowing and when it blows there is no central locking, no elec. windows, the wipers will only work on the quickest speed and the ignition is imobilised (no starter, no spark and no fuel pump)..
Today I went to the breakers yard and got a replacement actuator for passenger door and another relay module (black casette type box under the back seat ) because the fuse didn't blow when that box was removed.
I replaced them and the car started, locked and unlocked and started again, everything worked perfectly.. Then half an hour later I went to take it for a drive, it unlocked and started no prob then I went to drop the drivers window and it didn't work... so I turned off the ignition and tried to start again and nothing.. I'm back to the same problem.. fuse keeps blowing and now I dont know what to do.....
If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it coz I love this car and my wife is whispering " scrap it, scrap it"
Happy new year,
Ian.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
First thing to do is check the wiring that passes through from the vehicle body into the bootlid. The wires are prone to breaking (especially on the 3 series) and causes no end of issues within the vehicle:thumbsup

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First thing to do is check the wiring that passes through from the vehicle body into the bootlid. The wires are prone to breaking (especially on the 3 series) and causes no end of issues within the vehicle:thumbsup
THANK YOU A20-RYM,
As soon as I unwrapped the tape on the wiring harness there were 3 broken wires and 4 with the copper showing. So with a bit of soldering and some electrical tape everything works as it should. For now this problem is solved, a great start to 2009. Thank you again and happy new year..
ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.