BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

i am new to the forum and also to bmw's i picked up my first one today a 1994 e36 325i and it only came with one key

what do i do to go about getting a second key would i need to order this from bmw as i guess they have chips in them??

i don't need one with buttons or anything on it to unlock it as its got clifford alarm fitted

Thanks for you halp
Cj

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi all

i am new to the forum and also to bmw's i picked up my first one today a 1994 e36 325i and it only came with one key

what do i do to go about getting a second key would i need to order this from bmw as i guess they have chips in them??

i don't need one with buttons or anything on it to unlock it as its got clifford alarm fitted

Thanks for you halp
Cj
You can purchase a bog standard key from BMW.

Just take with you, proof of ID, proof of address and proof of vehicle ownership:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Yours will not be the transponder type as that was introduced on a 1995. You will know though as your ignition barrel will look like this if it has an EWS transponder key

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats awesome so if got a blank key off ebay and took it to a key cutting place they should be able to do it for me. or on other hand bmw would also be able to source me a new one

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
thats awesome so if got a blank key off ebay and took it to a key cutting place they should be able to do it for me. or on other hand bmw would also be able to source me a new one
Double check with the key cutting place you have in mind to do the copy. Some places won't do car keys.

If it was me I would just go to BMW. Won't cost too much for bog standard key:thumbsup

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was going to get a key cut locally and was quoted £35 - £45 depending on the chip, just for a standard key. I'm getting one from BMW this week at £29.37 for my 320i 1995.:thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.