BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im having some problems with my cd/radio system (pioneer system think its original unit). The CD player works fine, as do all speakers. But i get no reception on the radio. I have checked the radio connections, and the antenna amplifier (at the back pillar) connections as well. I did find a blown fuse for the heated rear windscreen, which appears to run through the antenna amplifier as well, thought that had no affect on the radio reception.

Does it sound like a new amplifier is needed? Just i found it odd the heated windscreen runs through it fine...:confused Also am i right in thinking the wire in the headed rear screen is what is used as the aerial/antenna?

Anyone know how to check if the amp is working? Im no electrician but can use a voltmeter ok:thumbsup Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Dmc

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
So you've replaced the fuse and it still does not work?

Aerial is incorporated into the rear screen as you thought:thumbsup

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i replaced the fuse and this fixed the heated rear screen, but had no effect on radio reception.:frown

All i can think of is that part of the amplifier circuit has itself blown, blowing the fuse, so that when the fuse was replaced, everything except the blown circuit (amp circuit) goes back to working. New amplifier part needed maybe?

Tbh im takin shots in the dark here.

Cheers guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts