BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've just replaced the kidney grills (after some scrote pinched em) on the front of my E36, which required the removal of the plastic cover at the front of the engine bay (the bit in the centre where the bonnet catches are) so I could get to the back of the grill.

Anyway, when I've put it all back together and screwed it back down, at my feet I've found a foot long length of black rubber (no jokes please!). Now I can not for the life of me remember, or work out where this came from. It looks as thought it slips onto part of the metal bodywork somewhere as there's a slit in it, but other than that I'm flumoxed.

So if anyone knows, or next time they're under the bonnet could take off the plastic cowl and have a look, it would be massively appreciated.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much, I'll give that a try. I did try it there but it seemed to stop the plastic cowl sitting right.

I'll give it another go and have a fiddle about.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK guys, thanks very much for everyones help. I've figured out that it attaches to the underneath of the plastic cowl.

Again thanks for all your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.