BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from the local garage from having a sachs clutch kit fitted (£250 all in) and now the biting point is a lot nearer the floor. there is more travel in the pedal before clutch is disengaged.
before the pedal would have resistance as soon as you press the pedal and bite point near the top of pedal.
went back to the garage and they re-bled the clutch but it still feels a bit sloppy and bite point is still near the floor but slightly better.
they said its because the clutch plate has more material on it but the old one was not changed because it was worn out, it was changed due to clutch judder when hot (common E36 problem).

seperate problem they had to fix - when it went in it started up nice and quietly but when i started it up after clutch was done there was a metally scraping sound when starter engaged. they fixed that too when i took it back, they had not seated the starter motor correctly and the dowel type thing for lining it up was not in it hole and starter motor was out of line. that was after i pointed out the noise and they said it was fine.

all in all im not recommending them or going back to them.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
They sometimes take ages to bleed :frown
I wouldnt personally recommend bleeding them by pumping the clutch. IMO it puts extra strain on the master cylinder. I always use a vacuum bleeder, it takes a little while but you should at least get half a litre of fluid through.
Some garages do thing different but this is the way i always do it. :thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.