BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've been trying to find the answer to my problem but can't find anything that fits my issue.

I have a 1994 316i automatic, I've had it for a few weeks and one day I was driving and when I took off from a stop sign it died, it did restart but I had to be very gentle on the gas when taking off. This continued on only when the car was warm , also once it was warm it would not start, it would try but wouldn't turn on. I noticed a coolant like smell from the car when I parked it but didn't think anything of it.

Well I took it to a mechanic shop and in the process of trying to figure out what was wrong with the car they blew the top radiator hose off and it lost all of the coolant , ( they said it had too much pressure built up and thats why it blew )they told me it was either the head or head gasket ( they wanted 3000€ to fix it) I wasn't about to spend that much money on the car since it was just a get to work car to keep miles off my other one.

I just went outside to check it out to see if I can get anymore problems from it, I pulled the dip stick and the oil was really watery , still black but watery , and it smells like gasoline.

Does anyone have any other suggestions other than the head gasket ? I'm hoping it's more of an easy fix. If not I'm just goojg to junk the car. Thanks so much for looking at my thread.

·
Registered
306 Posts
first dont take it to idiot garage any attemp to remove cap will release hot water only a idiot would do it second refill with water and once bleed the system check water is been sent around system and any leaks is it over heating is temp in red or centre my waterpump failed but before that had all symptoms of head gone

1 - 2 of 2 Posts