BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I am new BMW owner and newish to the forum. I have bought my 1st BMW last year :). I managed to get a good deal on it as it needed a engine rebuild.

1993 E36 M3, The engine work is coming along slowly but getting there, no rush to get it on the road as have a few other cars but I am looking forward to using the car :)

My question is. Do I have to put the exhaust CAT back on or can I run the car (legally) without the CAT?

I don't know what the law is on CAT's?

Any help much appreciated

J

·
Registered
85 Posts
It wont get though an MOT without the CAT but general driving about you should be okay (technicaly illegal but havent seen anyone busted for it yet), will be pretty noisy though!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Nope but if it was a 1992 you would of fallen into the cat loophole m8 and got away with not having one on. :thumbsup

btw love the username if its what I think it is :thumbsup but I have to say I'm team Jacob :thumbsup

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh :(

thanks for the info. I thought there was a cut off date but wasnt sure when it was...

W4vy
Thanks. Depends on what you are thinking it is for? :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
mmmm Bella :hihi

yea I'd be team Bella if I meant Twilight but I was thinking MIB stood for Man In Black as in LOST :thumbsup

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ERRRRRR There is a Team MIB in Lost?????

I got lost after the 1st series (sorry) :p

I have taken part in a few Road Rallies in the past (still do), Modball (a few times), Blue label challenge and I have always been Team MIB :)

J

·
Registered
901 Posts
ERRRRRR There is a Team MIB in Lost?????

I got lost after the 1st series (sorry) :p

I have taken part in a few Road Rallies in the past (still do), Modball (a few times), Blue label challenge and I have always been Team MIB :)

J
lol yea there's a team mib in lost but you'd have to get to episode 1 of season 5 to know for sure but the hints were there from the very start.

Shame on you for not getting past season 1 of tv's greatest story ever. :hihi

You must buy the dvd box set and watch from start to finish you just must. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Cars before Aug 91 can go for an MOT without a CAt, and drive on the road legally without one too, anything after Aug 92 MUST have a CAT for an MOt, and will be driving illegally on the road without one. You can get a sport CAT fitted. A 200 cell unit is good. I have one on my car, and was only £90 fitted.

Where abouts nr. Reading are you?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live near Pangbourne but work in Central Reading, You?

I am hoping to pick up a low mileage engine end of this month for my car so hopefully may get the car on the road next month. Plan is to get it on the road by May so I can use it on my Road trip in June :)

J

1 - 11 of 11 Posts