BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I recently had a problem where the rear section of my heat shielding in the transmission tunnel (above the propshaft) fell onto the propshaft because the clip (or metal around it) had rusted away. I held it up with some welding wire and its fine, however now the front has collapsed and looking at it I can't see any way of holding it back up! Has anyone had this problem before? I looked on realoem.com and it shows clips that hold up the shield, will these have broken or if the front shield mount has rusted is there another way of holding it??

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=CB42&mospid=47444&btnr=51_2047&hg=51&fg=70

Thanks

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
No, just did it with the prop in place. If i remember right, you can still get on the fixings...:thumbsup
It was a few months ago i did mine...:embarrassed
Keep me posted how you get on...:cool

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I wasn't aware that there was a heat shield ABOVE the prop:confused There isn't on my Touring;)

The exhaust heat shields below the prop but above the exhaust are prone to rusting around the securing bolts and falling down on to the exhaust:thumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.