BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just bought a 1993 325i SE, it has 130k miles, and I'm just doing those little jobs I can to make sure it's at its best.
Now, I was thinking that to give the engine, injectors, fuel pump etc a good flush I could use some redex additive.
then I read on here that premium petrols have these additives in them already.
So I was thinking why not fill up with shell v power and add some redex, just for my first fill up, to give it a good rinse through.
Is it worth it? would that make it just too much additives? would it ruin the engine?
Thanks for your help.

PS. I tend not to drive to sportily as she's quite an old dear nowadays, but if you think it would help to rev it a bit, don't hesitate to suggest that, I'll be very happy to oblige!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its not advisable to mix these chemicals together-they may react with each other and cause corrosion to your engine-rather just use v-power or a lower octane fuel with redex-but not both.It may not do any harm to use both chemicals together but rather be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
487 Posts
dont worry about driving her hard mate mines the same year with 145k on the clock and loves a bit off fast driving. i do put redex in it every now and then

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.