BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really strange... drivers side only, sometimes the one touch open/close works... other times it wont??? i changed the switch (mainly because the bulb had gone in it) but that didnt help?? the passenger side is fine...

Any Clues...?

Ste

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
passenger side is as good as gold... works everytime.

although i do know that the "window pop" thing when you open and close the door doesnt work on the drivers but does on the passengers....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah sounds like the switch, check the motor as billy said

If the motor is good, swap the switch from your passeneger side an put it into drivers side and check if it works

If not then perhaps again as billy said the comfort relay could be on its way out, had same problem cept no windows worked 90% of the time lol

I have made a guide on how to change comfort relay

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just read your guide and realised that occasionally the sunroof decides not to open..... im thinking its the comfort relay! cheers ears!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Best bet is breakers yard or new from BMW dealer :) You can easily repair them as i did, Its normally a case of Dry Joints ( Bad connections inside ) If your handy with a soldering iron, Prise apart carefully and simply resolder all the joints. Worked for me and had no issues since. Another symptom of the relay bad jointed is the light on the sunroof backlit switch will be off too. Good luck :) A picture below is what to look for.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
excellent work mate thanks very much, just so happens i have an Alevel in electronics i havent used for 10 years... ill dust that off and maybe ill have a bash at it first... then if i fook it up, i'll be off to Sytner in Solihull! Cheers Ste

1 - 9 of 9 Posts