BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly...
Hello to you all, this is my first BMW so forgive my simpleness.
i bought this fantastic car (so wish i had given up on 'normal' cars long ago) just last week, and over the weekend whilst polishing it and getting to know it, i discovered a BMW alarm under the bonnet, it has a keylock on the top of it but neither of the 2 keys i received with the car fit it. the keys are just normal ones (with a light on them) that operate the central locking and ignition. should i have a 'plip' key also? or if not how do i get the alarm up and running again?
also the computer is only a 4 button one (1000,100,10,1) the display matrix is a bit dodgy and identifies faults that do not exist. can i upgrade the unit to the fancier 18 buttons or just replace it with another 4 button one?
thanks in advance
Shanc

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Hello mate. I had the same problem with my alarm. Found a box under the bonnet but had no plip fob. Spoke to sytner BMW and had a nightmare trying to get a replacement fob. Apparently they fitted a few different systems on these cars. Sometimes replacement modules and matching fobs appear on ebay. In the end i just got a good local company to install me another alarm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers turnsoutiwas,
my word that sounds complex, i think i may just put up with it for now lol
sounds like a summer job.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts