BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo Peeps, I have recently fitted a 2nd hand boot to my 325, I have connected all the wires up i.e blue to blue, brown to brown etc, but now when I get in the car the hazards flash and the car won't start. Anybody any idea what i've done? Any help would be much appreciated..:confused

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
does it have an alarm?

hazards flashing and not starting sounds like its alarm/immobiliser related.

·
Registered
616 Posts
i think your wiring is mixed, recheck. and if possible list all colours that you have connected. some brightspark will know

·
Registered
401 Posts
what it might be is...there are small buttons that are used on the bonnet and boot so that he car knows when they are open, it might be that its stuck or its not connected or something has happened to it to cause the alarm to go off or imobilise the car, open the boot and have a look for a small pointy button pokin out somewhere along the seal and press it a bunch of times see if that helps, i had it on a mondeo when i broke the button for the bonnet

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Yo Peeps, I have recently fitted a 2nd hand boot to my 325, I have connected all the wires up i.e blue to blue, brown to brown etc, but now when I get in the car the hazards flash and the car won't start. Anybody any idea what i've done? Any help would be much appreciated..:confused
How have you rejoined the wiring?

The E36 often suffers with broken wires that pass between the vehicle and bootlid. Sounds like you have managed to replicate this problem with your wiring?

Do you have pictures to show how you have joined the wires?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts