BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there. i have two scenarios.

amp in the back on top of bass bin. can either take headunit out, blank it and route the speaker cables from the amp into there. it would be four cables for speakers, two back, front tweeters and a positive and earth. is there an easier way to route instead of going in through the headunit letterbox, can i undo the glovebox or another piece of panneling to get at those wires and just blank the head unit off? (i just want to run a plug from the amp to under the drivers chair and plug ipod in for now, there's a volume level on the amp and can control volume from ipod.

or ..

i can route new wire to each speaker from amp and leave the oem wire unplugged. this would require more routing, would have to use the same routing as oem, so that the cables could go into the front door and be weather resistant, how easy would this be?

what would you do in this situation and what way would you recommend? i don't like the look of trying to burrow into the connectors of the rear parcel shelf nokias, and i would have to find new plugs to go into them, same with the tweeters in the front door cards. would be cleaner to do this tho maybe.

cheers.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorted it. wired up two amps passed into each other. patched into the battery and removed head unit and ran cabling to the oem speaker cables. only took a few hours phew!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts