BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello once again,

Along with the starting problem and the ABS light, it also failed on its MOT on the rear brake lines being excessively corroded, I do know that this looks like a lengthy job, as I need to take exhaust prop shaft and Fuel Tank off, to get to the connectors, does anyone have any problems they came across when doing this job, things I should watch out for etc??

Many Thanks in advance

Newby

·
Registered
11 Posts
You might not need to take the whole fuel tank off Newby. Just drop it slightly to get just enough access to unscrew/unclip the lines and fit new ones, but your call on that one. One thing to watch out for is not getting brake fluid onto the paintwork, so make sure you are fully drained.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Neal, yer, I know about the brake fluid, icky stuff and damages paint, I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to say Neal, do you think I can get away with leaving prop shaft where it is, I am really not confident in playing with this!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hellooooo.
Am I happy bunny today!!! Ha Ha,

Apart from the ABS and fuel pump issue (please take a second to look at the other 2 posts please!!!!

I don't know what I was stressing about, it was doddle, I started it at 10, took the exhaust off, (only cause I had recently put it on, so it cam off easy) and it was easier then to get the heat shields off, then un did the tank straps, the Y piece you could see straight away, :thumbsup all I did was pull the tank back a little, to open up a gap, took the rear wheels off, to access the other ends, had it done by 11.30! went up to the garage, they cut and made them to length for me, I came back, had a spot of lunch, and had it all finished by 2.30 Happy days :hihi:hihi:hihi:hihi:hihi:hihi
Thanks for all the advise, I've video'd it too and I'm gonna sort it out and put it on You tube, I did a voice over as a step by step guide for everyone here too. :thumbsup

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am well over the moon I did it myself mate, just trying to load video on Youtube.......

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I've just spent 2 hours waiting fo rit to load on You Tube and then it crashed! Grrrrrrrrrr Will try again tomorrow guys, Its 1.15am now, And I'm shattered after a long day under the car. Will update you all.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't ask Steve,
I still have no idea why it won't start!! hhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppp

1 - 17 of 17 Posts