BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a problem with my sport selector switch. It suddenly stopped working, no lights, no change when I select S or M. I looked under the panel and the wires (as far as I could see them) looked ok. So went out and bought a new switch.

Didn't fix the problem, so I got a test pencil (should have done this first) and have no power to the switch. There are five pins in the harness, one for power, one for earth and one each for Sport, Economy and Manual.

I suspect one or more of the wires has deteriorated (with heat), but don't know where to go next.

Grateful for anyone who has found a similar problem and solved it. Would it be as simple as supplying new power to the switch???

regards Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Chris, if you are not getting power to the program switch, then check fuse 26(10A) which supplies this power. The selection wires go to the transmission module, so you can also check fuses 28(5A) and 46(15A) as well.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1993 E36 318is - Auto sport selector issue FIXED

Funny how you look at some of the fuses and they seem ok until you pull them out.

Thanks for advice re fuse numbers, number 26 was blown. Replaced it with a 10A and went for drive, fuse blew again. Replaced with 15A, everything has been sweet since....:thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.