BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick ask - is there any regular traits of the older BMW's that cause the light to be constantly illuminated, just before I go out there tomorrow an spend hours checking over the 4 sensor connections etc and the ECU.
Or would a quick pop to a diagnostic machine, give me the answer specifically??

Thank you in advance guys

Newby

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would go and have a diagnostic done personally, because you are looking at a one in four chance of getting the correct wheel speed sensor changed. Specific BMW diagnostics will pin point the fault :thumbsup

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NealP, always coming up trumps, as long as the diagnostics will tell me which one it is, thats great, I didn't know if it would indeed be that specific.
Sorry about the mistake on the other thread - the duplicate of this one, but without year and model etc in the title, I did e mail 328Mark to ask him if he can remove that one, so If you can, that would be great, as it won't let me delete it.
Thanks again - just posted another one about the brake lines too! Its endless!!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, bad news me thinks, Diagnostic says its the valve in the ABS Pump???
Looked on E bay and spoke to a guy who is only 20 miles away from me and he's breaking his 318 i which is on a L plate, but its still a 1993, I've checked on the RealOEM.com site for my ABS pump number, but would assume, that if I take both the ECU and Pump off his car, (which he's charging £35 for) It will fit mine, the E bay listed number is 190285039331, his is a 4 door saloon also, where as mine is the 3 door coupe, should this make any difference??????? Please say it won't..........

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to say Neal, on visual inspection, all 4 sensors seem in tact on all 4 wheels.
Cheers

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Im not sure if the pumps are the same mate, i personally wouldnt take the chance if the part numbers were different. Can you get the fault code number and description for me? I can have a look at the code number on mon on our bosch computer and see what it says :thumbsup
99% of the time it seems to be a sensor fault with these. :confused

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please see my other post under 'STILL WONT START' etc also:
Basically, it was a relay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh I had changed one, then the other one, but not both at the same time! I only found this out after spending three hours changing the other ABS pump, which was faultless, bleeding the whole system etc! the lot! ha ha , oh well, I can look back and laugh now!! kinda :hihi:hihi

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Please see my other post under 'STILL WONT START' etc also:
Basically, it was a relay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh I had changed one, then the other one, but not both at the same time! I only found this out after spending three hours changing the other ABS pump, which was faultless, bleeding the whole system etc! the lot! ha ha , oh well, I can look back and laugh now!! kinda :hihi:hihi
:lol

You will be a expert on e36s in no time at this rate :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts