BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Got a bit of a worrying issue when travelling at the national speed limit (ish) :confused

Well when around the 70 mark the car sways ever so slightly and find myself having to counteract the swaying slightly with the steering wheel, i know my n/s rear shock needs replacing as its leaking but wouldn't expect this much sway from just that. :(

Has anyone else had this problem and where abouts should i start looking?

Also my rear anti-roll bar links need replacing but still wouldn't expect sway to this extent from that

Any help would be awesome

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
i think you answered you own question replace the drop links and that shock and watch the car perform as it should

Reactions: hugo318iss

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fair do's, wouldn't have expected that amount of swaying from that, considering i have to mildly counteract it with the steering wheel :S

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Also your RTAB's would be worth a change!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
howdo i got too much on the chat lol if there are any looose parts on the car or worn bushes it will cause different issues check all your bushes etc and change the above items :thumbsup

·
Registered
640 Posts
Had a similar problem on my old 325 and found the front joints and tracking needed attention, pretty simple fix and my car ran fine after.
(mind you while I was have those sorted I also took the opportunity to have new shocks/springs added but there wasn't anything wrong with the old ones so I doubt they had anything to do with the problem)

Hope that helps mate. :thumbsup

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts